Wednesday 2 November 2011

Cabin crew Over 35 and still trying for a baby!

Its day..... 26 of the cycle; I do again have the sore boobs; which I've had now for a few days but I get it every month so have stopped getting 'excited' now at sore boobs. Like; I don't think when I am actually pregnant I will know the level of sore boobs difference. It hurts walking downstairs for Gods sake! .. and I don't have particularly big boobs or anything that are bouncing about by merely walking downstairs.
Anyhooo I digress;  Have been away with a fantastic crew last few days; again lots of older Mums. In fact last week I was at playgroup with my sisters baby; we were chatting to a 27yr old on her 3rd baby but she said the last 2 took 14-16 months respectively after having been on the pill... I do think it has a LOT to do with my issues falling pregnant. Of course flying doesn't help my body clock at all.
So these crew I flew with; they are not shy about details; we are a very open bunch; she said; ( she has two boys) she fell pregnant with her youngest at 39 and  her words were... and bear in mind we were in a busy restaurant and she is very loud with a very strong Welsh accent " Well; when you go for a wee stick your fingers inside and if you put your thumb and finger together and it sticks together a bit like chewing gum then you need to have a shag basically!"


Firstly what having a wee has to do with it I will never know thoughts of wee fingers springs to mind... She repeated this advise to me at least 3 times throughout the trip... " now don't forget to stick your fingers in your fanny..." lol Nutter.
Also been flying with so many childless women; who have chosen career over babies and now regret it. Because back in the day you'd lose your job flying once you had kids. So sad really. This particular lady is now late 50's and lamenting over an ex boyfriend who she split up with over a year ago; desperately wanting a text to say why... why have you forsaken me?? Back story is he is married... 2 kids... and she looks about 10yrs older than her years and is a bit highly strung and over emotional... so....... I dunno... she is baffled !!!
God love her.
back to the topic in hand though... I have no more symptoms of anything aside from the usual sore boobs.
Will know on Sunday but this month; which is almost a first I have no feeling that this is the month, like I normally do.
Will update again in a day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment